January 23, 2013

Silhouette Play


Yesterday sunshine spilled through my office window. I stood by the glass, drinking in vitamin D. (Recently I was told the sun is too far away, here in Wisconsin, to actually get vitamin D this time of year. I choose to ignore this information.) As a student of photography, I'm trained to look for light. But yesterday I looked with new eyes. And I wondered: can I turn my office wall into a playful screen for silhouettes? Why not? And the experiment began!
First, the meditative shot:

Then some play:

Followed by the artsy, dramatic photo:

Ending with the explorer view (that's actually not a spyglass, but a mallet for my Tibetan singing bowl):

This was much fun--both for the playfulness and the new way to view my office window. With beginner's mind, the world is filled with wonder. If I can inject that wonder into even a few moments of my day, then it's been a good day, indeed.

5 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of the two last ones, Joy! Especially the last one as it made me imagine how you were standing there, in the real, coloured, authentic version.
    I often wonder how my life would look like without the delights of photography and each and every single day I realize more and more how my camera lens is teaching me so many things ...
    This sense of gratitude! It's wonderful to be together with you in this year of adventure, play and new sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Love the shadow shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all great shots and such fun! Thank you for sharing them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had great fun with this. I love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving all your shadow play :)
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete