March 13, 2013

Light


This week's photography prompt from Bella: light. So much possibility in this little word. Light can be interpreted as levity or freedom from burden; can be viewed as hope when the world seems dark; can symbolize an uncovered idea or insight; or can be captured as a physical ray of sunlight.

Yesterday, my photography felt uninspired. The time change stole the morning light and extended the evening light; I felt out of sorts. Plus the days have been gray. Grayness + time change = odd feeling (what time is it? am I supposed to be somewhere? is it night or day?). I came home from work without having snapped a single photograph. Just felt blah. Figured Bella's rich prompt might not materialize for me, and perhaps that would fit my slightly cranky mood.


But then I saw the shaft of (now extended) evening light through my kitchen window. It lit up the mouth of a decorative pot that hangs by the sink. Unexpected and lovely. Another lesson in staying open to everything. Even in the gray weirdness, I can still find a delicate shaft of light; I can still feel inspired. 

5 comments:

  1. I've been trying to notice those unexpected, lovely moments too. Don't you just love the feeling that comes with the find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you said here about being open. It has applications to every part of a person's life! Thank you, and that is a beautiful view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bring such joy, Joy! "Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right." - Jerry Garcia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a perfect shot ... love it!

    ReplyDelete