August 14, 2012

A Correspondence Between Friends

Joy:
Sometimes in July
the rhythm slows.
Busyness bested
by thick heat.
Lazy summer days return--
disruptive, though secretly embraced.
Porch-swing conversations
reveal an acute, though camouflaged,
need for dormancy;
need for reflection.
The heat's imposed stillness
but a temporary balm.

Joanna:

Joy:

Joanna:
Sometimes in July,
We dream of winter
Imagining the thrill
Of snow so deep
Stranded we sleep, 
Curled beside the fire
Bright with dormant
Reflections, the stillness of
The frozen night
Bested by those acute
Secrets, camouflaged by
Silent conversation.

4 comments:

  1. I really like your conversation poem. The sunflower is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stefani: Thanks for stopping by my blog. And for your very kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. Didn't take the time to visit your blog for a while, and it's great to catch up now.
    Beautiful photography and great words, to which I can relate.
    Thank you for sharing: I like this sort of blogging very much! :)

    Wishing you a lovely weekend from my little European country

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cococita: Always lovely to hear from you. This particular blog was a fun creative experiment with a friend. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete