May 14, 2013

10 Questions


Kristin & Meredith asked my 52-of-You group to answer James Lipton's famous closing questions ("Inside the Actors Studio"). The questions are straight-forward, yet revealing in an interesting way. My answers are included below. You're warmly welcome to leave your own answers in the comments.

1. What is your favorite word?
Curious (but really, how can I choose just one? there are so many worthy contenders) 

2. What is your least favorite word?
Retard

3. What turns you on?
Mark strumming a guitar and singing a song 

4. What turns you off?
Judgment and negativity

5. What sound(s) do you love?
Rumbling thunder and the laughter of children

6. What sound do you hate?
The (obnoxiously loud) train whistle at 3am

7. What is your favorite curse word?
Kid-friendly version: F#@! (in this case, it was easy to choose just one)

8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Writer (what luck--I'm out of my profession in just one month)

9. What profession would you not like to do?
Sales

10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
"You lived life fully, with an open and kind heart."

 

3 comments:

  1. what wonderful insight to you as a person. my favorite swear word (or as we say in our house, "mommy/daddy word") is definitely the "f" word. it just feels so good to say it when you bump your head or stub your toe! and i think the word(s) i dislike the most are "hate" and "surrender".

    guess that says something about me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 - Love

    2 - Anger, I almost said hate, but hate always starts with anger.

    3 - Love

    4 - Anger

    5 - Good music, usually classical music but also songs.

    6 - Discordant music

    7 - Pass on this one. I play no favorites here.

    8 - Writing or acting

    9 - Garbage collection (or bill collection - same thing).

    10 - There are no pearly gates, and why does everyone think they get a personal interview with God?? I really do not have any answer to this question. I am just trying to get through life as best I can. So maybe I want God to say I accomplished that task??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. acting? that's interesting. but onto writing... maybe this is the way we can share our retirements from academia? what can we collaborate on, dad?

      Delete